Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Different Faces of Faith

I have always been fascinated with portraiture photography; and as I was luckily appointed as a photographer for the Parish of St. Francis of Assisi in Meycauayan, I got to snap photos of people during the Holy Week activities in our church. Collectively, it paved way to my first try on this category of art.

Four pictures, four people – I have entitled the set ‘The Different Faces of Faith’. These were ordinary shots, enhanced and well-saturated through Adobe Photoshop, and I bet people won’t even notice the message I’m trying to imply. But my rational self insists on explaining of what I have seen.


El Sacristan
There are always two sides to see in a person. 
As said in The Little Prince, 'what is essential is invisible to the eye.'
Apparently, I have seen it through my camera lens as well.



El Penitente
Barefooted, kneeling on a rough surface before a cross, under the scorching heat of that Good Friday sun, blood trickles down his back from the fresh wounds of penitence he had imposed on himself.
He covers his face in anonymity, they say; but I have long realized that it's a symbol of expression of shame and embarrassment for having sinned.
And somehow, I know we all should feel the equal emotions for being the same.



El Sacerdote
When you keep on doing what you should keep on doing for (sometimes) five times a day,
how would you look like when you do it for the sixth time?



La Chica Nueva
Eyes filled with curiosity over things she did for the first time in her life.
Had anyone had the courtesy to tell her what kind of blessings she's in for?






사진술 디자인 (Facebook Page)