Friday, August 29, 2014

Four Days Seclusion

I can't say it was a good experience, but it turned out okay as it ended. It wasn't one of the memories I can treasure because of what happened and what I felt during my stay; but I'm still thankful nonetheless that I got to visit Tagaytay again after so many years, with the priests of the Diocese of Malolos.

To be honest, I'm not sure about the name of the place. I guess it's around something like St. Scholastica's? It's run by the Benedictines though, and I should have felt safe and comforted. But I didn't. But that's another story which I don't want to tell.


I decided to dwell on the beauty of the place then, in order to distract myself. During the few times that I actually get to get out of my room, away from the things I was supposed to do, I really marvel on this beautiful chapel set in the center of the area. It's beautiful especially at night, when the lights are on. The Benedictine medallion in stained glass is illuminated, as well as the linings of the structure. The interior was awesome, but I was more astounded with the really, really flawless sound system! I just loved listening to Fr. Dennis' voice even while outside. Hehe. 


I stayed with Marvin in the new building. Initially, we were at the 'dungeon' and I didn't like it one bit. The feeling was eerie there. And then after they left, I transferred to Luis' room and it was better there. I liked the area, plus there's internet connection. So I felt connected and safe. 

So yeah, I didn't take a picture of my room because I was afraid something might come out from the image. LOL. And then there's these deer statues outside the dormitory which was a little crazy, especially at night, when you see them staring. But something comforted me. Deer = Luhan. Goodness. I really can't get away, can I?