Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Grateful Banker in the Making

It has indeed been a week since my last entry. Not that it's unusual but this time's just different. It's not just because I don't know what to write about that I couldn't write a blog. Now, it's because I'm too busy with work that I couldn't find time to even check on this site.

Me, leaving the house for work every morning and getting home by nightfall, still amazes me even after a week. It still makes my heart flutter everytime I think that I'm now employed, in spite of still having that probationary status. What matters is that I have found some sense in myself now. I'm no longer that lost, wandering soul. I finally have purpose.

Just yesterday, we were exposed to a real branch. I was assigned at the Camarin Branch (near SM Fairview) but was transferred to Caloocan (Monumento) due to transportation problems. And although tired, the initial experiences were amazing. Yesterday, I was taught the basics. Today, I was allowed to do hands-on. I didn't expect my learning will escalate that much in two days!

To that, I'm thankful; that despite these people in the branches looking quite surprised (their trying to hide proves unsuccessful, sorry) whenever I say I don't have even a bit of background on accounting or any banking-related experiences, they still entertained my questions and they still assisted me with what I need.

At the moment, my mind and heart's constantly filled with worries. Examinations are coming and computation is my worst skill. That's why I'm working double to keep up with the others. I need to exert twice the effort others exert so I can understand what they're talking about everytime. And I've got to ask extra help from others who know the field so I can improve myself more.

Sometimes, it gets totally embarrassing - divulging to others that I am a total noob - but everytime the horror comes to me, I just think of what Tito Lino told me through Celine: It's not what I finished that allows me to work in a bank. It's my willingness to learn. 

From that, my daily prayer stems. Every day, I always make it to the point that I get to pray the rosary and ask through the Blessed Virgin Mary that God endows me with the ability to stay focused and aware of everything. I always pray for guidance that I may do good and only what's right while on training so that I won't fail the people who have put their full faith in me.

It is a huge factor that I'm vowed to protect the trust I was given. Aside from my family, it is this desire that pushes me to always move forward. And although I must admit it gives me a certain kind of pressure, I'm still thankful. I'm still grateful.

Tomorrow, I need to work in Caloocan again. I'll be there until Tuesday next week and I'm excited as to how it's going to be. I still pray that nothing goes wrong because I'm apparently going to do hands-on the whole day.

Please pray for me.