Monday, February 16, 2015

Step One

It's official.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be a service associate of City Savings, a subsidiary bank of Unionbank which is pretty much one of the biggest banking companies in the Philippines.

Funny, right, how I dared to enter the banking world after being in the freelance/creative industry for so long. I've got no background, I've got no knowledge, and as much as I don't want to admit it, I don't think I'll get this job if it wasn't for the people I know. That sounds a little demeaning on my part but it's the truth - and when I applied for this job, I swore to my interviewers that I'll be honest.

This might raise eyebrows of many. I got a job because of my backers, even with a lack of skill. Normally, my pride wouldn't have accepted that but things change. And right now, there are two thoughts that are convincing me that it's all okay.



"You have to work on what you have first and grow from there."
Danny Choo

This was shared to me by my friend, Yuxing, when we were talking about Alodia Gosiengfiao. LOL. And somehow, it stuck to me like glue because it gave sense to my plans in life. I desire to succeed and I desire to move forward, but I can't do that without help; and as it so happens, I have people in position who trust me so I'm not wasting that opportunity. This is like burying myself in debt but that's okay. I trust these people just as how they trust me so it's all okay.


"It doesn't matter what course you finished as long as you're willing to learn"
Catalino Abacan

Now this is definitely what is making me brave. Hearing these words strengthen me because it makes me believe that I have a chance as long as I'm willing to learn. I may not have even the slightest background on accounting but I am always excited to learn new things. This is one of them. :)


I know I'm not making sense. It's my last day of being unemployed and I've got tons of things left to do. LOL. So yeah, it's not like this post's going to be viral anyway. So CIAO! :)