Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I Never Meant to Make Friends But...

Prior to starting my job at CitySavings, I have made it clear to myself that I am not supposed to make friends to anyone. I have learned the hard way that attachment is the easiest route to heartaches so I was very firm with my decision. I couldn't jeopardize my job for 'friendship' anymore.

But apparently, I'm bending my words yet again.

I've said before how much I enjoyed my branch exposure at Caloocan, right? I'm having a great time working with people who are close to my age, whose mindsets are in lieu with mine, whose understanding is of my level. I'm very thrilled to have them teach me whatever I need to know, get serious when our work mandates us to be, or share with them some light moments as we tease each other as if we've known each other since God-knows-when. That's why the separation anxiety after my exposure was intense.

And that's also the reason why when I learned that I'll be having my apprenticeship in the same branch, I was overwhelmed. I knew I'll be learning a  lot more because the people in that branch are willing to guide me through everything. Their patience is so enormous for someone who doesn't know even a bit about banking. Plus, their understanding is beyond the skies.

Everyone knew who I'm connected to. They knew it without me, telling them. They knew it but they didn't give double meanings. I have to raise my hat to Sir Allan, Yuji and Sir Roland for even telling me that they don't care about who I'm connected to and that it's okay. They said I shouldn't be afraid of the other officers knowing the truth because I went through the same procedure as they did, after all, and I'm not taking my work for granted.

And I'm touched. Very touched.

You see, I didn't expect anyone from the branch to tell me those things. I mean, there is only one person in the company who I kinda thought would say those words to me - and that's Tito Lino; but perhaps, I'm just overthinking. I guess, having been the subject of prejudice of everyone since my childhood days, I knew I've had enough and I don't need a continuation of such fate in my present job.

Of course, I know others would think as if I'm using the president to keep this work, but I really don't care. Because what matters is that the people in Caloocan doesn't think that way.

In a way, I want to say that they believe in me.


That is why I'm having another intense episode of separation anxiety. Tomorrow's my last day in Caloocan since we'll be transferring to Valenzuela already. I've met Sir Jonathan, my branch operations head, and Sir Ryan Rosales, my reserve pool member. We had a little bonding, as I went with them to buy stuff and visit our home branch, and they're totally nice too! But still, a major part of me still is into the people in Caloocan.

But it's not like Caloocan is too far from Valenzuela. We can always contact each other through Avaya or one can always drop by in the other's branch. LOL. Nothing. I'm just gonna miss the sweet and funny nothings with Renelyn, Rose and Sheng, and the unlimited bullying of Sir Allan and Yuji...



Sigh. I told myself I wouldn't make friends but obviously, I'll lose a huge chance if I don't let these Caloocan people into my life. :)