Saturday, March 28, 2015

Hell Week? Holy Week.

When it dawned upon me that it is already Palm Sunday tomorrow, I panicked. After so many years, this is the first time that I'm not prepared for anything at all. The final eight days of the Lenten Season is always the busiest and right now, I'm still so disoriented that it hasn't sunk in that tomorrow is the beginning of our Holy Week.

To others, this is considered a 'hell week'; but even though it seems so, this is still one of the three most exciting events in my church service calendar - alongside the feast and Christmas seasons. It's when everyone comes together to fulfill their respective responsibilities in order to assure the smooth flow of the scheduled activities. It's when everyone gathers for a week-long remembrance of how the Catholic faith came to be. It's when everyone is reminded of how we are constantly bestowed with salvation from sins.

I don't think I'm excited. I just want to rest. But my responsibilities to my faith is more powerful than all the lazy insinuations of my head. That is why I need to get ready for what's about to take place. It's gonna begin in four hours and may God guide me throughout everything.