Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Backtrack

Today, I feel like I've gone back to the past. I'm currently playing Shin Hyesung. I was just looking for WGM clips when I bumped into Andy's and then I realized how much I missed the older ones and then I headed to XMan days and then I remembered the comeback of S, and then I went back to Doll and then now, it's the Shin Hyesung song on my playlist.

Wow. Detailed much?

You see, there is one thing that I realized in this very shallow ordeal: you don't always forget your past. You don't always regret everything there. After all, it still keeps memories you would cherish forever. In my instance, I treasure the days when the Korean entertainment scene wasn't as chaotic as today's. I miss the peace. I miss knowing the real purpose of its existence.

When I got into KPOP on 2007, I wasn't entirely a newbie. I was so much into Korean dramas and OST's already and I could even play Endless Love (Autumn Story)'s theme songs already on the piano. I found these ridiculous boys called Super Junior and then I fell in love because you know, I might have been young back then, but I was already being annoyed by numerous problems. Super Junior, and KPOP in general, had presented me with an outlet, a portal, an escape.

But right now, it has turned into a world I would want to escape from. Every week, there's an issue happening. Fans fight among each other. Idols keep on lying. It's no longer the place I've known seven years ago. It has turned into an unknown dimension where pretensions, hypocrisy had spread.

Maybe you'll say I should just leave. The thing is, it's not easy. For how many times, I really wish I could but it would drag me back all the time.