Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Ryunosuke Kamiki

So I have to admit that I didn't know who he was until Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno; although I must have heard about him before, as I am a fan of Kanata Hongo. But seriously, one look and I was really charmed by Ryunosuke Kamiki.

I searched about him on Google the first time I saw the teaser and one person came instantly came to mind: Lee Taemin. Right enough, articles comparing the cute kid to the KPOP idol were around the web so I knew I just had to know more about him.


But unfortunately for me, I couldn't find enough time to do an actual research about this beautiful man. Yet, I have pondered about his character when I saw his acting on the film. With the little background I got from Wikipedia, I easily realized how much he deserves to be praised.

Aside from being so freaking cute, it was amazing to know Ryunosuke's childhood past. Apparently, he went through some life-threatening incidents when he was still a baby and his survival was a miracle. Normally, people would assume that he would be weak and helpless; but he grew up this perfect! He attained success in his voice and acting careers at this young age and now, he's actually enjoying international popularity for being Soujiro Seta.

If you ask me, I think I won't demand for any other actors to play the role. The fans and he, himself, apparently demanded for the role and he got it. And so though my knowledge about Japanese entertainment is very limited, I would no longer ask for anything more because having Ryunosuke Kamiki for this very interesting character is enough for me.


The best thing is that Ryunosuke got to really embody the very, very creepy character of Soujiro. His being heartless, his attitude of killing for fun - it all manifested on Ryunosuke's acting and I was feeling so giddy whenever I watch his scenes.


I know I love Satoh Takeru and Kanata Hongo a lot but no, I'm not turning blind on Ryunosuke-san.