Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year, Everyone!

In a few hours, the world's gonna say goodbye to 2014 and will be facing a brand new year. What we're living in today will be considered the past now and all that's left to do is to look forward to an amazing 2015.

To say that 2014 was easy is definitely telling a lie. At least to me, it marked itself as one of the most difficult years in my whole two and a half decades of existence. 2015 started off nice, abundant and fun until the second half decided to fuck up with me so hard. I lost my job and a lot of hurdles which challenged my faith, mental and physical strength, and my belief in myself came in after, and I was this (-) close to giving up.

But there is always retribution. Now that I look back on the past year, I have realized that while it was totally cruel, it made me whole. I feel like a sword in creation, that in order to be sharp and strong, I was exposed to the intense heat of fire. As it's still not enough, my blacksmith called 'life' keep on hitting me with a stone mallet so I can be shaped perfectly.

I know I'm nowhere near perfect, but at least I'm ready for battle.

Like I've always said, 2014 molded me into that one person I've always pictured myself to be. I have learned the real values of family, friends, and myself. I have known the joy of putting myself as my top-most priority although I doubt I can fully put it in practice in the next few years (but no regrets there!).

Without hesitation, I will admit that I have realized the mistakes I've been doing for the past years that's why nothing new happened to me. I have finally noticed just how stagnant my lifestyle is - always doing the same things for the fear of changing.

And now I'm determined to change.

I do not plan to list down my New Year's Resolution. I said I won't be thinking about even just one anymore. I just need to figure out what I really want to do and start on it because I want to and not just because a 'promise' in the beginning of the year is driving me. And you know what that is? To live in the present. 

During the mass this evening, the priest said God never wanted us to be sad. It's our choice to be happy so let's do ourselves a favor and accept that one vital ability we have always been rewarded with: the ability to be happy.

The truth is I don't know to where 2015 will be taking me. Just as December started, I have learned to enjoy the beauty of impulsiveness and living in the present. And I guess that as we all venture into a new chapter of our lives on Earth, let's just be grateful and more appreciative...

Because the secret to real joy is just within us. And may we all find that deep inside this 2015.

Happy new year, everyone! :)