Friday, November 28, 2014

Feeling Accomplished

It's normal for me to get a lot of things done when I'm in the mood like today, but it's exciting to note that after a long time, I got to feel really accomplished with what I did this afternoon. One little act, but it ignited the fire of hope in me that maybe, maybe there's still a chance for me to change.

I'm talking about saving money. Since I received my salary yesterday, I went to the mall this afternoon to pay my bills. Now, that is always challenging because I tend to get lured ALL THE TIME into an impulsive shopping spree whenever I go there - resulting to me, not being able to pay my bills on time. But the good news is I was able to suppress the temptation. That's one accomplishment!

Next thing, I went to the groceries because Mama wanted me to buy some ingredients. She gave me money, and normally, I would be careless enough to spend everything. But then again, I didn't; and it kinda astounded me to realize that I actually headed straight to the counter to pay after getting everything I need. This made me realize that jotting down a grocery list BEFORE I go to the supermarket is NECESSARY. Having a calculator with me is, too.

Finally, what made me feel so proud was the fact that I got to deposit my extra money in my account. Thanks to the deposit-through-ATM feature of my bank, I have found it exciting to actually put in my finances. No harsh lines and long waits like how it is in actual branches. I just need their special envelope and my ATM card. The downside though is that the amount won't be reflected on your balance until the next day. But that's okay. At least, I got to save my money!


Now, this may sound totally weird and so childish to fuss on; but you see, to be able to control myself from spending too much is one of my biggest dreams. To see my bank account with money to spend on myself, my family, and on emergencies has been in my bucket list for years already. And hopefully, I get to make it come true now.

Constantly struggling for the past six months just so I could have money to pay my bills definitely taught me the value of being thrifty. Due to the sacrifices, hardships and embarrassments I had to go through because I have no money at all had convinced me that never again in my life will I allow my account to go zero.

Now this is the plan: Whatever amount I will receive from this day onward, I will not use unless needed. I will make use of the extra BPI envelopes to actually stop myself from spending too much. And then everytime I get to collect decent amounts, I will head immediately to the mall to deposit the money through ATM.




I'm actually excited. I'm expecting a few more amounts to come this coming month so hopefully I get to stick to this whole ordeal. HAHAHA :)