Sunday, March 25, 2018

One More Week

I'm pretty sure it didn't make sense to many that I am doing the 40-day fasting for my faith (it's Lent!) but yeah, I am doing it and we're seven more days to the finish line.

To be very honest, I'm not comfortable with discussing this as I don't really flaunt whatever I do for my religion, but generally, it's about completely taking meat off my meals. And for someone who really loves meat, this is indeed a sacrifice.

And as much as it made me feel one with God somehow (I am not a good person, after all!), it did make me feel better about my body. Thirty three days - as of date - without beef, pork or chicken drove my body system into a rage against gluttony. LOL. I  mean, despite settling on vegetables and fish, it did made me feel lighter. I don't think I lost weight though, but at least, I'm feeling a lot more relaxed and swift with my movements, unlike before when I feel totally sluggish and lame.

Okay, so I know it's good but I'm trying something different on April. I'm trying the Ketogenic diet, so since I managed to take meat off my diet for more than a month, I can perhaps try to take carbohydrates off this time.

So this is gonna be sacrifice on a larger scale since God knows I totally love pasta and rice. :(

Good luck.