Thursday, March 1, 2018

DAY 1: March 1, 2018

It started as a joke between Emil and I, until it actually materialized; and just tonight, we enrolled in a fitness gym in Marilao Bulacan with his wife, Jane, and Gil. All of us driven by the purpose to actually (and for real) lose weight.


Pound for Pound Fitness is a relatively new fitness gym situated in Ibayo, Marilao, Bulacan. It is on the third floor of the building just beside BarKo and in front of the Marilao Fire Station. Very accessible as it only one jeep ride away from our houses. The annual membership fee costs 500.00 but you have to pay another set of fee for the training itself. So we opted to register for a month first so it wouldn't be too much of a waste should we decide to discontinue. lol. That's 1000Php so total damage is 1500Php. That is inclusive of an unlimited access to the gym and its facilities and services of a trainer.

I have to point this out though. This isn't a normal gym where high end facilities can be found. This offers circuit training so it will really pose an intense challenge to your stamina.



So as you can see on the photo above, the gym is quite small but there are these routines you have to perform on these obstacles (?). You jump, you run, you push a 45-kilogram metal stand, and more. Challenging? You wouldn't know what that means until you've tried this.


First, the trainer told us to jog first to sweat. Gil came late but he did the same thing anyway. LOL. After the warm-up, we had to do some more using the weights and plates. I don't know what the routines are called but they're no joke. For someone who had just came out of the hospital, the routines were very, very difficult. It was so difficult for me that I had to stop halfway through the training and go out of the gym to breathe. For the first time in so many years, I felt like blacking out because everything felt so numb and I couldn't hear anyone clearly anymore. 

I know it was absurd, considering I went there to improve myself, but I cannot die on the first day. So I decided to ask the coach if I can skip the other rounds and he agreed as he noticed my situation. But he told me that it's just a matter of conditioning my body. Once I've gotten it used to the training, everything will be easy. 

So I decided to give the second round a try and I did. I had to do some stretching and squats though so I can properly function. Hehe. 


I really thought I wouldn't want to continue but when I realized that I actually paid to do this, I just can't let that go to waste. Besides, I've got good company. What's there to think twice about?

True enough, it's all about determination. Like what I kept on telling myself when I was warming up, I will get to nowhere if I wouldn't be able to get through the challenges of weight loss. I guess, it's enough motivation that I really want to get fit and be thin again. 181 lbs. isn't me, after all. I'm so, so far from that.


***


My parents were wondering what made me decide to finally do this. And while I didn't give them an answer, I thought to myself that one of the main reasons why I got depressed was because of how I look like. So in order to step out of the darkness, I'm taking one more step into the light. It will be difficult, especially that I am undeniably busy and I've got lots of deadlines going on; but it will be fine. 

And in the end, it will all be worth it.

In order to motivate myself more, I've designed a tracker on my bullet journal. Every five pounds lost entitles me to a self-reward. First is a new printer once I hit 175 lbs. I'll keep this blog updated once I have achieved it. <3


Current weight: 181 lbs.
Goal weight: 135 lbs.