Monday, July 14, 2014

First Step to Glory

It wasn't the first event we did under the new administration. But why did it feel like so? I have personally heard the plans and witnessed the preparations; and actively took part on it, and enjoyed. so much.

ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD AND ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI.

Everything wasn't easy though. It made me question and realize a lot of things about myself, my life, my faith, and the people that surrounds me. Easy to say, I discovered what I need to discover and now I'm learning how to act on it accordingly.

But whenever I think of how much I have developed as a person and how much my faith and devotion was strengthened, all the pain I've went through for the past few days dissolve. The wounds brought by sharp words and unnecessary actions heal instantly. I become better.

I still can't forget how it made me feel when the Holy Mass began yesterday. I was at the back end of the church, just behind the bishop. I was holding his iPad Mini for documentation and suddenly, I just felt like trembling. As they walked to the altar, I stood there, with my hands shaking and tears welling up in my eyes. As Koro ni San Francisco accentuates the solemnity of the event with their orchestra-like arrangements, I had goosebumps. The church was packed. Almost everyone of the most important people were there.

I've never felt like in my 12 years of service.

Forgetting about my disappointments, that very moment I just felt like everything was perfect. Our dream of bringing back the glory of the Catholic Faith in Meycauayan had started and I just can't help but cry at how everything paid off. It was a rough start eight months ago, remember? And now, we've taken one step to victory. And I'm glad.

To be very honest, it will still be difficult from this point on. But I know it will be easier somehow. Because as I feel, we won't be working by ourselves anymore. There will be real help from people whose hearts the parish had managed to touch through their hard work and dedication in bringing back the glory we lost; people who managed to rediscover the magnificence of their roots in Meycauayan.

St. Francis of Assisi, bless us.