Monday, April 20, 2015

Seven Years



It's like it's just a few months ago when we were made godparents of Amara Venice, the daughter of May and Van. We saw the kid grow up especially because Van fed us with updates about her constantly. She has always been beautiful, sweet, witty and totally intelligent. She's the type of girl who'll make her parents and godparents really proud.

And yesterday, she turned 7 years old; and a party was held at Jollibee Sangandaan.


I decided to come.



It has been three long years since I last attended a get-together with BLAI, my friends from college. So imagine the worry when I stepped into the venue. Of course, Van was the first one to meet me there. And then Bongs and Emman came, followed by Gelo, Bobot & Joel (her boyfriend), Brando and Mayaine & Fam. Byunjun and his girlfriend came last. Regene was supposed to come with me but cancelled last minute. Bembs did the same. Lawrence and Glen said they couldn't come too.

Honestly, I thought it was going to be awkward. A lot of things had happened in the past and I thought we still won't be able to get over it. Yet we did. And the endless reminiscing of the past and updates on each other's lives are proofs to that.

To say I missed them is an understatement. When we were taking pictures at the booth, I just felt home again - like how I always feel when I'm with true friends. It warmed my heart knowing that these people still accepted me after my long hiatus - without questions, without doubt. And whenever they say that they're happy I was there, I just knew it was sincere.

They love me. And I love them back.




Many say that people who had been friends for seven years will most likely be friends forever. I got close to them on 2009, just a few months before Amara was born. Now that she's 7 years old, we're also celebrating my seven years of friendship with them.

Following the logic, my friendship with them is gonna go on for a very, very long time then. :)