Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I Found My Reason

So I lost my job, right? And I kinda went through intense depression for the past few weeks. It wasn't easy, after all. It was beyond difficult. The anxiety which I refuse to pay attention to manifested on my sleep - and my health - and it was not good. I even had to cut my hair short, so you know the severity of the situation.

The only way out back then was to find a positive reason why it happened. There has to be one, right? There is always a reason for everything, after all.

Again, it wasn't a breeze. Finding the good side of the most depressing things is something not everyone can do. Good thing, I can; and I have friends who can too. That's why they helped me.

As I was thinking about my life, a friend offered me a job immediately. But I had to refuse. I don't want to go back to writing yet because I need to move. Maybe, I'll go back to it once everything's settled, but definitely not now. I had to apologize and reject the offer. And there was no regrets.

Then, another good friend told me to apply in the bank her father's working in. I did. I had an interview last Saturday and I'm kinda passing it up to fate whatever that should happen. Let God's will be done, and not mine.

As I ponder on what more I can do, I stumbled upon the idea of my dreams. And to be very honest, it's happening.

Maybe, God took my employment away because He wanted me to start on what I really wanted to do: open a Korean restaurant. And right now, I'm starting. With the capital given to me by my cousin in Australia, I am now on the first phase of working on the reality of my aspirations. I have found a place. I have formulated the menu. There are a lot of other things left undone, but with God's help, I can make it.

Also, I have received an exciting message from a Korean-focused website, asking me to write for them. This is writing, but you know? I'm writing about Korean drama filming sites. I AM GOING TO WRITE ABOUT SOMETHING I FREAKING LOVE SO MUCH. Don't you think that's a blessing? Although I can do this with my employment, nothing beats the idea that I can focus on this well!




And lastly, we're busy in the church. The timing's very perfect. There will be an event on July 13 and we have less than a week to prepare. I THINK THIS IS THE BEST REASON WHY I LOST MY JOB OKAY. God wants me to focus on Him. Who am I to say no? :)