Sunday, July 27, 2014

Where I Belong

When I lost my job, I expected myself to drown in misery. The directions I was trying to create for my life suddenly vanished and I wouldn't deny the depression I went through. It was horrible. It was so stifling that I spent sleepless nights. But I should have known that it wouldn't last long. A week, I spent nursing the negative emotions.

But God had plans for me, clearly. Beautiful plans, they are.

Just a few days after my birthday, I had this urge to go to church to help my friends there. I thought it would just be to pass time, but eventually it turned into a gorgeous distraction. An event was organized and being a part of it, I became so busy.

After the momentous celebration, I thought there would be nothing more to do. I was readying myself already to going back to that pit of self-pity and frustration when I received a call from Kuya Luis, the bishop's secretary from the Diocese of Malolos. I was asked if I they could hire me for a huge diocesan project which they will start on this month, as a layout artist. I immediately said yes.

No, it's not just about the fact that I will earn from this. It's the fact that through this project, I'll get to do several things I actually dreamed of doing, and still get paid. First, I get to know more about the history of the Catholic faith in Bulacan. Second, I get to go around the important places and churches in my province with other photographers. Third, I get to take part on a project that aims to promulgate the beauty of Catholicism in my place, and promote the cultural and historical value of these religious venues. Exciting, right?


We have had our meetings twice already, and I'm excited. Kuya Marvin said we're gonna start on August 2 and I guess I'll be very busy that time. I just wish I won't get employed yet because I really want to finish this. We have a week to do everything, after all. I wish my job, if ever I deserve the position on the bank I applied in, can wait.

As I try to imagine myself working on this, I feel extremely grateful already. I mean, this chance does not come to just anyone. It's a privilege, more than an opportunity; and I feel very blessed that I got to meet people who will help me find my way to this kind of profession. It's just overwhelming sometimes; and fun, most times.

But I guess, that's normal when I'm where I really belong. ♥