Saturday, October 11, 2014

What is Love?

I was asked this typical question this evening by a young friend. While my other friends were probably trying to come up with a good answer, I immediately replied it's a mere illusion. They cursed at me for not believing on it - throwing their replies which basically goes around the idea of it being forever. I smirked. It isn't eternal.

Many people are blinded by the idea of love lasting until the end of time when clearly, no human being is capable of giving that much. Only God can reward us with such gift. Love, like any other human emotions, fade. It's not permanent. At one point, two people in love will fall out of it and will go back to being platonic.

But you know what works? Faith and respect.

When you have faith on one person, you respect him/her. When you have respect, you believe in him. When you have faith and respect towards someone, it means you love that person. I really believe it's automatic. And that alone assures eternity. That alone assures forever.

I know I'm not a guru to say this. I'm just a mere 25-year-old woman who had a lot of experiences already when it comes to this field. Of course, I still need to know more. But right now, I am very firm on this.

We tend to worship the idea of love from other people. We tend to believe that it is more than it actually is. Love is love, and it is important; but without faith and respect, what exactly is it? Believe me, it's just a sum. Just a mere answer to an equation. It is just an illusion people create to have a strong excuse for (sometimes) feeling the strongest emotions - or having the most stupid ideas.

Am I making sense?