Saturday, September 13, 2014

#SanKikoFiestaPreps Entry No. 1: Designs

I intended to blog about the preparations for the Solemnity of St. Francis of Assisi but I ended up writing the first entry just now. Loser much?

Okay. So first of all, the idea of keeping this blog (or maybe its readers, if there is one) actually came up when Yuxing unnie told me that I should start writing about good things. And right now, there's no better thing than the upcoming event in our town.

Every year, we take time off our busy schedules to make ourselves a lot busier to prepare for the feast day of our saint. Historically wise, we have all the right to do that because our church is actually the first church established by the Franciscans in Bulacan. There's a great history, proven by artifacts and religious evidences, and perhaps I'm going to discuss about that soon.

Going back: this year's the first time our new parish priest will be celebrating with us so it was planned to be grandiose and groundbreaking. Preparations have begun around three weeks ago, with me doing the designs for the official logo, programme, and souvenirs.

Right now, I have just finished the tarpaulin designs for the banners and schedules and I'm ought to submit it later this afternoon. The designs weren't much. It wasn't something I can really be proud of but it shows how I'm finally improving. Somehow, I got to stick with my initial plan which is to come up with a design that could basically gain attention from passers-by. I used the colors blue, yellow and other festive shades to exude liveliness and excitement, and maybe it's because I designed it, but seeing the design pretty much hypes me up.

I was given a three-day break by Kuya Luis so I can focus on the parish activities. I intend to finish whatever that's needed so that come Monday, I can give my full attention to the coffee table book we're trying to complete before September 28th.

On the 20th, the fiesta will officially begin with Lakbayan, a custom which was started to commemorate the story of the parish's establishment. It's a motorcade I've always been looking forward to because I get to do my job as the photographer while on a motorcade.

Speaking of photographer.... Can someone remind me to meet my team? We have a new addition anyway. Well, someone who volunteered to help, and frankly speaking, I'm kinda skeptical about his presence.

Oh well, I just need to be professional and put more attention to what I'm actually doing than who I'm doing it with, right? Tina's there to talk to him anyway. So yeah, good luck.