Monday, September 22, 2014

Arranged Marriage and What Not

I have been reading an awful lot of arranged marriage fan fictions these days. Every night, before I go to sleep, I make sure I get to finish either a completed or still on-going story about two people put together for a lifetime commitment because of a business transaction. The idea, though a little old, is still fresh to me. Although most stories have the same plot, it's still convincing to me how love might work and create something between the two involved souls.

After every story, I just see myself crying to sleep.

Repeatedly, I come up with the same conclusion that the reason why I'm so into this genre of story is because somehow, I want that to happen to me too. From getting into an arranged marriage to the struggles of falling in love to the happily ever after. It is a surreal setting to me, a fantasy, but I want it to be true, still. I want to experience going through all that to assure me that love doesn't play favorites.

But then at the end of the day, the impossibility of it haunts me.

First and foremost, I am not a daughter of some rich CEO. Given that I am, I don't think my parents will ever sell me to anyone for the sake of money. And I don't have anything to offer. LOL I think I'll just end up being a maid to my 'husband' in case. HAHAHA

The point is... there's just no chance. I'm no dismissing it early. No one knows what life can bring to us for the future, but I believe in my instincts and I just don't know if there's any point in making myself expect that it could happen, because it couldn't, it wouldn't.

Going back to the stories, I often tell myself I should stop reading such. But as I think about how it's becoming an escape to me, I just found myself looking for some more with quality. I want to see how others perceive this concept of reality and how they fantasize about love, itself.

Yes, writing stories is not always bent towards reality. Most times, especially for those doing it with the KPOP fandom in mind, it's some sort of an outlet to let out those wild and fantastic imaginations about our idols.

LOL This article's not getting anywhere. Annyeong.