Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cramming is My Style

So this has been going on for a while now. For the past month, I've been very busy with this coffee table book for the Diocese of Malolos. After spending a week taking pictures of the churches around Bulacan, I dedicated my time to the layout and design of the actual book. Tiring? No. It was actually fulfilling.

I joked once that the three years I spent locked up at home because of my home-based work was relieved within a month. With friends, I traveled to different parts of the province I grew up in and discovered a lot. The best thing? I'm paid.

Now, we're at the phase of designing. This is practically what I'm signed in for so I need to actually spend sleepless nights to finish this. Well, we did actually. We had some overnight sessions at the Cathedral, but as much as I don't want to admit this, it wasn't until I was told that the deadline's on the 28th of this month that my mind started to work at its full speed and efficiency.

Cramming. In the end, cramming is really my style.

Just this morning, I applied major changes on the concepts and layouts. I went through the first 80 pages and at this moment, I'm starting on revising the next 30 spreads. My hands are trembling already, and I'm guessing my nerves are beginning to get stressed. But I'm not complaining, really.

It's surprising, actually. I've never once complained. It might sound a little ridiculous because I always act like a brat whenever I'm with the people I work with; but deep inside, I enjoy what I do right now. I'm excited even at how this will all turn out.

Since I was a child, it has always been my dream to get to publish a book, with my name on it. I've always wanted to be an author but I guess being tagged as the Layout Designer and Photographer is enough for now. :)